Technical Support Engineer
Do you love to help fellow engineers with technical questions and challenges? Are you going that extra mile to deliver a good service to our clients?
Streaming Made Simple, that’s our motto. But, even though we try to make it as simple as possible, there are always things that can go wrong. This is where you come in. You will help answering our customers’ questions and solving their problems with the software (components) they use. Whether it is the Self-Service interface, Java/.NET or Python clients or something else, you know where to find the right information and you don’t shy away from debugging yourself.
Continue reading if you recognize yourself in the following:
- You enjoy diagnosing and troubleshooting technical problems by getting to the root of the issue
- Your written skills are excellent, with a confident and professional, yet open tone, just as able to communicate what you do know, as well as what you don’t know.
- You like improving existing procedures and are not afraid to take responsibility for updating documentation and devising new support processes
As a Technical Support Engineer you will help our client through phone, email or chat to help them diagnose and troubleshoot their issues in a timely fashion. You’ll prioritize and manage these issues through a ticket system, ensuring that all issues are properly logged. By asking targeted questions, referring to our internal knowledge base and external resources, you’ll provide our customers accurate tech solutions, or properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software
developers). In addition to providing prompt and accurate feedback to customers, you will follow up to ensure our IT solution is fully functional for them after troubleshooting, document new-gained technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals and in general maintain good relationships with clients.
What we are looking for
- Well-skilled in English, both written and verbally
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Good general understanding of computer systems
- Basic programming knowledge in Java, Python and/or .NET
- Experience with MacOS, Linux and Windows environments
- Familiarity with ticketing software (Eg. Jira, ServiceNOW)
- Good prioritisation skills
- Written and verbal Dutch skills
What we offer
- A salary suitable for someone with your knowledge and expertise
- Pension plan paid by the company
- A young and innovative company that is in an exciting stage of its lifecycle and where implementation of your ideas does not require management approval processes
- Cool office in the heart of Utrecht with great coffee, right next to Utrecht Centraal, but also plenty of opportunities to work from home
- Making a difference for well-known customers in Finance, Energy and other sectors
- Being part of a diverse, international team, that’s fun-loving, yet passionate about their work
- A lot of fun during office hours and outside office hours ( company outings )
- A brand new MacBook pro
- NS Business Card
Are you interested in joining Axual as a Technical Support Engineer? Use the form on your right to submit your CV and we will be in touch within 1 business day.
Send in your application
Please use the form below to submit your application. A response within 1 business day is guaranteed.