Site Reliability Engineer
Are you the site reliability engineer who helps maintain our customers’ real-time data platforms?
We are Axual, a fresh startup on a mission. A mission to unleash the power of information within large organizations, in real-time. We enable them to respond instantly to their customers’ ever-changing needs.
How? We provide them with real-time data solutions. And we provide the tools and services to administer their business data streams easily and reliably.
We are looking for engineers to help us on our mission. You’ll love working with us if you:
- are a free-spirited individual
- like to challenge the established order using cutting edge technologies
- realize that a client’s mind changes from time to time; requirements are not set in stone, just like you
- want the client to be self-supporting
- have a product reliability mindset and want to “get that extra nine”
- improving availability and predictability of “your” product makes you proud.
You will be dedicated to monitoring, managing and operating the fast data platform, to make sure that performance is optimal at all times. You make sure that all the required metrics on the platform and related applications are gathered and easily accessible. You spot problems well before the customer does, and proactively advise on opportunities to improve. You do this using the latest in open source software, both in on premise and cloud environments. As a subject matter expert you work in close collaboration with the development team and you help improve their efficiency by infrastructure or automation improvements.
We are looking for a site reliability engineer with:
- Thorough understanding of and extensive experience administering Linux
- Development experience; starting with bash (Python/Go are a plus)Experience with managing containers on Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Really have that “monitor everything and anything” mentality, from an alerting as well as a metrics point of view;
- Experience with monitoring, distributed logging and metrics, setting up, configuring and analyzing to spot problems; (Prometheus, grafana)
- Experience with cloud providers, such as AWS, Azure
- experience with Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
What we offer:
- A salary suitable for someone with your knowledge and expertise
- Pension plan paid by the company
- A young and innovative company that is in an exciting stage of its lifecycle and where implementation of your ideas does not require management approval processes
- Cool office in the heart of Utrecht, right next to Utrecht Centraal, but also plenty of opportunities to work from home
- Making a difference for well-known customers in Finance, Energy and other sectors
- Being part of a diverse, international team, that’s fun-loving, yet passionate about their work
- A lot of fun during office hours ( PS4 ) and outside office hours ( company outings)
- A brand new MacBook
- NS Business Card
- Great coffee
Do you want to join us on our mission?
Do you want to know more? Let’s get in touch.
Please submit your resume and motivation or give us a call at +31 6 15 24 72 41
Send in your application
Please use the form below to submit your application. A response within 1 business day is guaranteed.